Weekly Update - end JULY-august 2021
The British Association of Monaco will be closed during the month of August, the Committee having a well earned rest, but the Community Support Team (CST) will still be available for any problems large or small, see the contact details at the end of this email.
There will be no newsletter nor BAM events in August. We re-open in September when you will receive a new and exciting newsletter.
Our first event (work in progress) will hopefully be a short guided tour in English of The Oceanographic Museum followed by drinks on the top floor terrace. Save the date: Thursday 9th September.
On 16th September we are planning in association with the Princess Grace Irish Library (PGIL) a visit to the famous villa E-1027 of Eileen Gray in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin. After major renovations, E-1027 recently opened up to the public. The tour starts late afternoon (5pm) - followed by an aperitif on the villa's terrace.
Tickets €25 per person, which all goes to the restoration fund. Price does not include transport to get there.
Please let us know by 3rd September if you are interested on email@example.com as places are limited.A message from the British Association VAR - Neighbourhood Network Meeting
Sculpture Tour by Artist Rosa Gilissen-Vanmarcke August 17th at the Chateau and Marie of Sollies-Pont
Our first Neighbourhood Networks’ meeting on August 17th will be a directed tour of the sculptures by renowned sculptor Rosa Gilissen-Vanmarcke outside the Chateau and Marie in Solliès-Pont (http://www.ville-sollies-pont.fr/). More information about Rosa Glissen-Vanmarke’s Sculptures can be found at the following websites:
Katrina and Tim are joining forces to invite you to their first Network Meetings of the year.
We would like to invite you first for a coffee at 10:30 AM in the courtyard behind the restaurant Brasserie La Fontaine, 2 place General de Gaulle Sollies-Pont. Parking is provided opposite the Marie and the restaurant is a short walk from the Chateau.
The tour is planned to start at 11:00 AM at the Chateau
After the Sculpture tour we also welcome you to join us for lunch at Brasserie La Fontaine (more information to follow)
This event is open to all. If you are interested in attending or would like further information please contact Timothy Molyneux or Katrina Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 06 95 87 58 15
Monaco Fireworks will be held on 31st July on the Port de Monaco at 10pm and on 7th August at 9:30pm.
- Monaco Fireworks - 31st July and 7th August
- "Rediscover Your Neighbourhood" to 20th August
- Grimaldi Forum - Summer Exhibition - Alberto Giacometti ( up to 29th August)
- Health Measures in force in Monaco from 24th July
- Health Measures in force in France
- Requesting your Health Pass after a vaccination (MC)
- BAM and our CST - Community Support Team
Access is free but you do need ID and a Health Pass or certificate. See this web site link for more details.
"Rediscover Your Neighbourhood" this summer in Monaco-Ville
Every Friday from July 23 to August 20 from 4 pm to 9 pm
This summer, shops and restaurants in Monaco-Ville invite you every Friday from July 23 to August 20 from 4 pm to 9 pm, to experience magical evenings filled with entertainment and cultural activities for the whole family in the heart of the Principality's historic district. Visit the web site here for more details.
Grimaldi Forum - Summer exhibition - Alberto Giacometti.
The Grimaldi Forum Summer Exhibition takes place from 3rd July to 29th August and is a retrospective on Swiss sculptor, Alberto Giacometti. Details of the exhibition are found here (link). Health Measures in force in Monaco from 24th July
Monaco's measures to control the spread of the virus remain in effect (see this link in English - click the EN on the top of that page to change to FR French).
See the web site for the fine details.
- Wearing a mask outdoors is compulsory for anyone over 5 years old. However, it is not compulsory to wear a mask on the beaches and around swimming pools.
- From 24 July, all people over 16 who wish to go to restaurants and bars in Monaco, with the exception of Monegasques, residents, employees (only employees, not members of their household), students of the Principality, people staying in a hotel establishment in the Principality or staying on a ship anchored in one of Monaco’s ports must present a Health Pass. This obligation also applies to people residing in the Alpes-Maritimes and the province of Imperia
- From Monday 23 August, all Monegasques, residents and employees of the Principality will be required to present a Health Pass to access Monaco’s restaurants and bars. This period will allow people who wish to be vaccinated to finalize their vaccination course.
If you are returning from abroad then you need to show evidence that varies based on where you have visited. Click this web site link here to see what is needed.Health Measures in force in France
France has removed most restrictions. See the France website for more information here (link).Requesting your Health Pass after a vaccination (MC)
Visit the web site link here - Enter your data - you will need your vaccination certificate that you were given when vaccinated to complete the form.
BAM and our CST - Our BAM Community Support Team
BAM takes a break for August so there is no Newsletter - our next Newsletter is on the 1st September, but our CST is still available: Although not making their usual visits, the BAM CST is always on hand to help with any problems, small or large – simply call the BAM community support team, headed up by Yvonne Bernhardt on 06 60 21 63 99
Remember to send your BAM email requests to our main email address email@example.com